There are in fact a lot of different methods that are available for all players in Nigeria on how they can fund their online casino accounts in order to start betting or playing.
Some payment processing services, however, offer only deposit services while some offer both deposit and withdrawal methods.
From direct bank transfers, e-wallets, credit cards, debit card, mobile banking, ATM services, and other payment solutions, there is always a way for Nigerians to take care of their payment needs.
ATM Usability in Nigeria: What You Need To Know
- Most people know of ATMs as a machine intended for making withdrawals but few are aware that you can also use it make deposits.
- Although Nigerian banks make huge investments in deposit-enabled ATMs, especially in major cities, not many of them are being used by Nigerians due to the fact that they are afraid of making technical errors.
- In some parts of Nigeria especially in the rural areas, Internet connectivity is quite limited making the use of online payment services limited as well.
- One popular and handy deposit method in the country is paying via ATM with the use of a bank card.
- ATMs in Nigeria allows transferring funds from your bank account and deposit cash into the ATM and send it to the betting or casino account to which you are playing.
- You can make payments or send funds to your account on QuickTeller or Interswitch enable Automated Teller Machines.
- Quickteller is a money transaction service that provides an easy way to make payments, buy airtime and send money with your activated ATM Card.
- For you to be able to use this service, a debit or prepaid card that is registered in a Nigerian bank is needed.
- The Verve Card is the card that is more preferred since it works virtually all time. However, it needs to be enabled by the bank before it can be used for this purpose.
- Users can use this payment method to pay bills, send money and make a deposit.
- Transaction limits will apply once the card is activated and will depend on the mode activation.
- If activated on the ATM, the transaction limits are:
-For bill payment: 250,000
-Transfer to account: 1,000,000
The Basics: How To Make Deposits on Your Bank Account via ATM
ATMs are made to ease access to your funds from your bank. Placing a deposit on your ATM is as easy as requesting a withdrawal from your ATM account.
Here are the easy steps on how to make deposits via ATM:
- Prepare everything you need to access your account. Get your bank account number and other details.
- Verify if the ATM is a deposit enabled machine that allows you to enter money to your account.
- Verify if the ATM works with your type of bank account or allows processing of your account under a certain bank.
- Make sure to that the environment is safe, especially from the onlookers of those who transact at ATMs.
- Insert your debit card into the machine.
- Enter your PIN. Make sure to cover as you enter your PIN. (Make your PIN unique that is easy for you to remember, but hard for others to predict.)
- Choose the on-screen option for deposit.
- Choose the account you wish to deposit to.
- Enter the Amount of the deposit you will make if necessary. (However, some machines figure out the total deposit by counting the bills that you put in.)
- Not all types of bills are allowed to be placed on the ATM. Make sure to know what bills do the machine Accepts.
- Place your money on the money slot.
- Confirm your transaction on the ATM.
How to Fund Your Betting Account via ATM
You can use an ATM to add funds to your betting account.
Here are the simple steps you may encounter:
- First off, make sure you have your ATM card.
- Sign up for an account on your chosen betting website.
- Obtain your unique User ID and the merchant number of the betting site you signed up for. (the Unique User ID may be different from your online casino username)
- Visit any ATM machine that supports Quickteller.
- Select your account type and payment option. The common option that will be asked is “Pay a Merchant” or Quickteller. (Select whichever is available.)
- Input the merchant code you obtained from you betting site.
- Input your unique user ID from your account.
- For confirmation purposes, you will be asked to input your phone number.
- Input the amount that you want to deposit, then press “Proceed” to continue with the transaction.
- Wait for the confirmation of your transaction to be sent to your number.
**note: there is an N100 + 1.25% up to N50 charge for deposits
The ATM is an efficient and convenient way to access your bank account.
In Nigeria, the use of ATM may not be as prominent especially when using it to fund their casino accounts; however, it is always an available method that players can use that is convenient and easy.