Deposit Methods For Betting Sites in Nigeria
The use of technology in innovative ways to process payments has been rapidly increasing, and it’s only a matter of time before most payments are made this way. In fact, the way people usually process payments is changing and improving every day. Over the past few years, there has been a significant shift in how people pay for their purchases online. They have been using debit or credit cards as a mode of payment. However, with the innovations available today, you can enjoy using mobile apps and other contactless payment methods that will surely make your life easier.
Top 8 Bookmakers with most deposit methods in Nigeria
For betting lovers, bookmakers in Nigeria provide a choice of deposit options such as Skrill and Paypal betting. As a result, depositing money into a betting account in the country is simple and straightforward. Here are some of Nigeria’s most popular payment methods.
Best Deposit Methods for Nigeria Players
Deposits by Credit Card
You can fund your account with a debit card using this payment method. The majority of Nigerians have a bank account and debit cards, most commonly MasterCard and VisaCard. As a result, card deposit is by far the most popular method of deposit among Nigerians.
This type of payment is free, quick, and safe. To use this technique, log into your account and choose a Debit/Credit Card as your payment option. Then, in the deposit area of your chosen betting site, input your card data such as card number, CVV number, and PIN to complete the transaction. In addition, to complete transactions, consumers receive an OTP number on their phone or via email.
As a result, this deposit method provides customers with an additional layer of security, which is one of the reasons for its popularity.
Deposit with Opay
Opay is a relatively new payment network, but due to its ease of use, its popularity is steadily growing. Despite its growing popularity and acceptance, this payment method is not available at all betting sites. This payment option is available on the stables of Bet9ja and Betking, two of Nigeria’s most popular betting sites.
Opay is a great way to make a deposit. This is due to the fact that all transactions on the platform are free. On the contrary, punters who fund their betting accounts using the site receive a 10% discount.
You must first log into your Opay account in order to complete a transaction. However, you must have adequate funds in your Opay wallet. Select the appropriate betting site and fill in the essential fields after you have access to your account.
Both Android and iOS smartphones are supported by the app.
How can you make an Opay deposit into your betting account?
- Open the Opay app.
- Choose your favorite betting site.
- Please enter your user ID number.
- Fill in the amount you’d like to put down.
- To double-check your information, your username and the transaction amount will be displayed on your screen.
- Choose a payment method and click the ‘pay now’ button.
- Your transaction status is then displayed on the screen if it is successful.
The funds appear in the account right away
Deposit with Quickteller
Quickteller is a popular and extensively used payment method among Nigerian betting sites. Quickteller is both safe and effective, but it does have a drawback. There are fees associated with utilizing this service! This cost varies between Naira 25 and Naira 100. The charge difference is determined by the Bookmaker.
How do you fund your Quickteller betting account?
- From the betting site, select the Quickteller symbol.
- Fill in your contact information, such as your email address and customer identification number, as well as the amount you want to deposit.
- You can pay with your bank card or by scanning a QR code.
- If you opt for the QR Code payment method, you’ll be asked to scan a barcode with your mobile banking to complete the purchase.
Your betting account will be quickly reimbursed, and you will receive a confirmation email.
Deposit with Firstmonie
Another widely used payment option in Nigeria is Firstmonie. This is true not only because it is a First Bank of Nigeria product, but also because of its dependability and effectiveness.
Because of its quickness and dependability, payment with Firstmonie is simple and straightforward. To use this deposit option, you must first download the Firstmonie app, which is accessible for Android and iOS smartphones on the play store and app store.
How do you fund your Firstmonie betting account?
- Open the Firstmonie app and sign in.
- Once you’ve logged in, go to your favourite betting site and make a deposit.
- Put your unique customer identification number in the box below.
- Choose your preferred financing source. i.e. a bank account, a debit card, or an e-wallet.
- After you’ve entered the amount you’d like to deposit, click Continue.
- Enter the pin for your First Bank transactions to complete the transaction.
Deposit with GTBank
Guaranty Trust Bank, or GTBank as it is called in Nigeria, is one of the country’s most important financial organisations. In Nigeria, they have around 250 branches and 1200 ATMs. As a result, anyone with a GTbank account can use it to make a payment.
Apart from their extensive coverage, many Nigerians prefer to pay with GTBank because of their efficiency and security.
To protect transactions and user data, they use end-to-end encryption. Other features, such as One-time Passwords (OTP Code), ensure that there is no security breach while doing a transaction.
When it comes to funding your betting account with GTBank, you’ll be spoiled for choice because they provide a wide range of payment options. There are numerous payment methods available, including USSD, GT Pay, online bank transfers, and ATM deposits.
We’ll look at GTPay and payment via the 737 USSD Code, which are the two most popular deposit methods.
How do you fund your GTpay betting account?
- Go to your betting site’s deposit section and input the amount you want to deposit.
- You will be sent to the GTPay website.
- Please select your preferred payment method (bank/credit card).
- Fill in the email address associated with your Bookmaker account.
- Give your credit card information.
- Fill out the OTP form.
- To pay, click the Pay button.
- If you’re successful, you’ll get credit right away.
It’s worth noting that most betting sites need a minimum deposit of 100 Naira when using GTPay.
Deposit with GTBank
The USSD payment mechanism is very widespread in Nigeria, as you may have noticed throughout this article. Zenith Bank, as one of the largest financial organisations, has its own USSD payment system. This manner of payment is convenient, quick, and secure. As a result, punters are enticed to use it. It’s a no-brainer! They also offer a variety of alternative deposit options.
So, how do you deposit money into your Zenith Bank account? We’ll walk you through how to deposit funds into your betting account via Zenith USSD and online Banking.
How to fund your betting account with Zenith USSD Code?
To deposit on Bet9ja with the Zenith USSD Code, for example,
- On your phone, dial the USSD code (*966*6*2389#).
- Enter your Bet9ja user ID here.
- Fill in the amount you’d like to deposit.
- Confirm your account information and the transaction.
- Your betting account will be automatically credited after a successful transaction.
When you use the Zenith USSD Code to make a deposit on Bet9ja, you will be charged a fee of 20 Naira plus VAT. When used on other betting sites, such as Betking, the Zenith USSD code is free.
How to fund your betting account with Zenith (Internet Banking)?
- Log in to your Zenith Internet Banking or Mobile Banking account.
- Select the menu option.
- Choose ‘Payment and Collection’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select the ‘Gaming/Lottery’ category.
- Choose a biller (Bookmaker of your choice)
- Fill in the amount you’d like to deposit.
- Fill up your User ID.
- Continue by clicking the button.
- Your betting wallet will be credited as soon as the payment is completed.
Deposit with ATM
Do you find it difficult to deposit using online and mobile deposit methods? Don’t be concerned! You can fund your betting account using ATMs located within walking distance of one another.
It should not be difficult to find one, especially in large cities. To make a deposit at an ATM, you must have a bank account and a valid ATM card. Once you’ve found one, insert your ATM card and operate the machine until you reach the payment point. Most betting sites provide an operational guide, so make sure you know what command to use at the Machine.
There is, however, a disadvantage to employing this deposit method. It’s stressful, and on top of that, there’s a 100 Naira fee attached.
Deposit via An Agent
So you don’t have an account and don’t have access to the internet? Is this to say you won’t be able to make a deposit into your betting account? No! Certainly not! You can still use an Agent to deposit funds into your betting account.
The majority of Bookmakers have accredited agents all around the country. Their job is to open and finance betting accounts for potential customers in their area, as well as place bets. To fund your account, simply offer your Customer Identification Number and the amount you wish to deposit to the agent. Your account will be credited almost immediately after the transaction is completed.
Using accredited agents to deposit funds into your account is free.
Bookmakers such as Sportybet and NairaBet, for example, offer customer-to-customer transfers without the use of an intermediary. This implies that money can be moved from one account to another.
What are the withdrawal methods available?
Nigerian gamblers can withdraw their earnings from their betting accounts in a variety of ways, including:
Withdrawal via Bank Transfers
Many Nigerian gamblers use bank transfers to withdraw their gains. This is due to the effectiveness of bank transfers. Withdrawals from betting accounts to bank accounts are processed quickly and efficiently.
However, it should be noted that the pace with which Bookmakers process payments differs. Despite the fact that Bookies have little control over transaction speed. Having said that, there are some Bookies that payout quickly by bank transfer. A good example is Sportybet. Customers have reported that they are consistently paid via bank transfers.
Depending on the Bookmaker and Bank, bank transfers might take anywhere from 24 to 48 hours.
Punters have the option of choosing a bank to transfer their winnings to from a list of Nigerian banks that are supported by the most, if not all, of the bookmakers. Zenith Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank, United Bank for Africa, Access Bank, and a slew of other financial institutions are among them.
It’s also worth noting that the minimum withdrawal amount differs depending on the Bookmaker.
Example of Withdrawal from Betking
Withdrawals from Betking can take up to 24 hours to process depending on when the request is made. Betking’s minimum withdrawal amount is set at 5000 Naira.
To take a break:
- Visit www.betking.com.
- Click on ‘My Account’ in the user menu (upper left) of the website.
- Enter your 10 digit Bank Account Number in the withdrawal field.
- Select the right Bank from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the amount you want to take out.
- To complete the transaction, click ‘Accept.’
Read our detailed review about BetKing online Casino 2023