On this page, we’ll take a closer look at Skrill, a popular financial choice. You will have learned everything you need to know about this popular payment method by the time you reach the bottom of this page. You’ll also be able to identify if this is the payment method you’ve been looking for.
What exactly is Skrill?
Skrill was one of the first e-Wallets to allow users to perform internet-to-internet transactions when it initially launched in 2001. Initially, their customers could only send money to people who had Skrill accounts, but this restriction has now been lifted for the greater benefit. When they first started out, they were known as Moneybookers, but in 2011 they changed their name to Skrill.
It has grown in popularity as a result of its availability in 200 countries (including Nigeria) and acceptance of more than 40 different currencies. To give you a sense of how well-known they have become, they now have over 40 million clients worldwide. They are now one of PayPal’s major competitors, with over 120,000 online shops using their payment method. Skrill is also accepted at a number of online casinos, so you can use it to place bets and benefit from competitive odds and a generous Welcome Bonus.
How to Create an Account with Skrill?
You’ll be relieved to learn that opening an account with Skrill is an easy process. When it comes to opening an account with a corporation, the last thing anyone wants is a lengthy registration process. So, how do you go about opening a Skrill account? We’ll go over everything in detail below.
- Go to the Skrill website and click the “Register” button in the top right corner of the page.
- You will be directed to a form where you must provide personal information such as your name and email address, as well as create a secure password. Read the terms and conditions for a few minutes before clicking “Register Now.”
- You will be directed to a new form where you must provide your country of residency as well as the money you will be using. Select the same currency that you would use while betting with your sportsbook to avoid those annoying exchange rates.
- After that, you’ll be directed to another page where you’ll be prompted to choose your chosen payment option. After that, you’ll need to fill up some more personal information. Once you’ve completed this, you’ll have your own Skrill account.
How to Verify Your Skrill Account
So, you now have a Skrill account, but there are still a few things you need to complete. The very first thing you’ll need to do is confirm your Skrill account. You will see that your account has a lot of restrictions until you do this. So, what’s the best way to finish the verification process? Continue reading to find out more.
Enter your Skrill account and, on the left-hand side of the screen, click the settings page link. Click “Account Verification” and then “Verify Now” when you’re on the settings screen. After that, you’ll need to email them a photo of your driver’s license, ID card, or passport. After you’ve finished this step, send them a photo of yourself holding a white sheet of paper with the words “Skrill” and the date written on it.
You can utilize your computer or laptop’s webcam to make things easier here. Rather than uploading a photo, you can simply hold the relevant documents up to the webcam and snap a snapshot.
After your identification has been validated, you’ll need to show that you live at the address you provided. There is a quick and convenient geolocation option here, although it does not work in all locations. If that fails, you’ll have to email them a photo of a bank statement or an energy bill. These documents must be less than 90 days old.
If you decide to send them a bank statement, be certain that they can plainly see your name, address, and bank logo.
How Do You Deposit Funds Into Your Skrill Account?
After you’ve established and validated your account, you’ll need to finance it. What options do you have in this situation? So, here’s what you need to know:
- Credit/debit card
- Wire Transfer
If you choose the last option, you will be provided the banking information for the account to which you must send your funds. You’ll be given a reference number as well. You must include this number while completing the transfer in order for it to be completed correctly. The money will show in your Skrill account in two or three business days if the transaction is successful.
Skrill Fees and Commissions
Fees should always be taken into account when choosing a banking option. Deposit fees, transfer costs, withdrawal fees, and exchange fees are all examples of fees. You can find all of the information you need regarding these costs in the table below.
- Deposit fees: You will be charged 1% of the amount you put when you deposit money into your Skrill account.
- Withdrawal fees: If you use your bank as a payment method, you will be charged 5.50 euros for each withdrawal you make. PayPal, on the other hand, does not charge for money withdrawals. You will be charged a fee of 7.5 percent if you try to withdraw money from your Skrill account to your credit or debit card, which is rather expensive.
- Fees for sending money to another Skrill account: There is a 1.45 percent fee for sending money to another Skrill account. Skrill is less expensive than PayPal in this regard, as PayPal will charge you 2.90 percent. You should also bear in mind that you will be charged exchange rate fees if you send money to someone who uses a different currency than you.
Skrill’s Reputation in Our Opinion
Skrill is an excellent choice for sending and receiving money over the internet. No matter where you wish to send the money, you will be able to do so without difficulty. Skrill’s ability to provide consumers with a diverse range of deposit alternatives is one of our favorite features.
Another amazing feature of Skrill is that you may download a free app to your mobile device. Users of Android and iOS devices can download the app, but those using Windows or Blackberry smartphones will have to rely solely on the website. You may use this app to send money, make deposits and withdrawals, check your balance, and buy and sell bitcoin. We checked out the software ourselves and found it to be incredibly user-friendly.
However, when it comes to Skrill fees, things might get a little pricey. However, we feel that the benefits outweigh the drawbacks, so you will not have an unpleasant experience if you open a Skrill account.
Frequently Asked Questions About Skrill
Because we humans enjoy asking questions, here are four that are frequently asked about Skrill.
This is a popular question posed concerning a variety of payment options, however it is a difficult issue to answer. This is due to the fact that it is entirely dependent on the bookmaker with whom you have an account. So, if you're looking for an answer, contact your sportsbook.
This is yet another issue about all banking alternatives, and it's one that we can't really address because it relies entirely on your sportsbook. So, if you're desperate for an answer, contact your bookie's customer service department.
If you use Skrill to make a deposit, the funds will show in your sportsbook account practically immediately. What about when it comes to cashing out? You should never have to wait more than a day to receive your funds.
If you use Skrill to deposit or withdraw money from your sportsbook account, you will not be charged any fees. However, there are costs to pay when depositing or withdrawing money from your Skrill account.